What is the general purpose of the position?
CompliancePoint is looking for an Associate Data Privacy Consultant to assist with privacy and information security risk-based assessments that we provide for our clients. This opportunity provides access to the rapidly emerging market for organizations seeking to minimize risk within their environments, through utilizing a risk-based assessment approach. This position will focus on validating an organizations compliance posture for regulations, laws and standards within a variety of industries.
You will be working directly with a Director and the rest of our privacy team. You will be provided with ongoing education and coaching to further develop your security and privacy expertise. You will be working closely with clients seeking to manage risk on an ongoing basis. This will include, but is not limited to, data gathering techniques, document reviews, interviews and system tests.
- Work daily with your defined team and clients on a wide variety of tasks
- Assess and review compliance posture of clients
- Research changing regulatory issues
- Write and review consultative deliverables to ensure they are correct, complete and of high quality
- Craft regulatory updates in order to keep our clients up to date on the current data security and privacy landscape
- Assist clients in maintaining their data security and privacy programs
- Focus on client needs and goals, promptly responding to questions with consultative support and recommendations
- Advise and assist clients with setting up and managing data privacy software
- Develop professional relationships with clients to maintain a high degree of trust and brand awareness
- Remote with occasional meetings at our Duluth, Georgia HQ as well as onsite assessments and other engagements with our clients.
- Degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science or Information Security
Experience and Skill Requirements
- Have analytical skills
- We have an atmosphere that will help you develop and enhance the analytical skills you have!
- Perform with professionalism in all dealings with clients/customers, vendors and others
- Comfortable with assisting and advising clients on risk-based decisions
- Team player
- Relevant security certifications including the Security + certification
- Familiarity with Java, vba, python, bash, and PowerShell
- Basic experience with security tools such as Nessus, Qualys, Nexpose, etc.
- Familiarity with security frameworks (NIST, CIS, ISO.)
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn and understand and advise on the requirements of State/Federal/International Data Privacy regulations, including, but not limited to CCPA, CPRA, and GDPR
- Good research skills with an ability to analyze and interpret complex information
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- The ability to interact with various levels of management, and, as such, must possess strong communication skills (both written and oral), diplomacy, and “active” listening skills
- Ability to manage deadlines across multiple client engagements
- Willingness to strive for continuous improvement
- Bring a positive “can do” attitude to our team!
- Ideas are always encouraged and embraced!
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Teams
- Experience with the various privacy software solutions available in the market is preferred but not required
- Willing to travel at least 25% should client travel return
We offer salary plus benefits package, including paid vacation and holidays, medical / dental /vision / supplemental insurance, Flexible Spending Account, gym membership package, travel reimbursement and a 401K plan with matching. Our business casual office is located in Duluth, GA.
A Different Kind of Consulting & Audit Company
The difference is simple — we understand the importance of compliance and risk mitigation at a procedural level. That comes from our history of successful consulting and audit engagements, including those for many Fortune 500 firms and global industry leaders.
But more importantly, we understand the impact non-compliance and risk exposure can have on businesses.
We collaborate with companies to design and implement strategies, processes, and procedures that help mitigate risk, reach compliance goals, protect data assets, and meet industry standards.
“Enable responsible customer interaction”
“Deliver world class services and technology helping customers manage risk within privacy, information security, and their vendor network”
To apply for this position please send an email with a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Does your company use email to communicate with your prospective and current customers? If so, are your emails in compliance with the CAN-SPAM requirements?