What is the general purpose of this position?
CompliancePoint is looking for a Sr. Consultant to join our Cybersecurity Practice. You will perform risk assessments, risk management, and information security program advisory services across a wide range of clients, to ensure that the client’s information assets and associated technology, applications, systems, infrastructure, and processes are adequately protected.
You will work with our clients to enforce security best practices, policies, standards and guidance to ensure the safeguard of client’s proprietary data, physical infrastructure and resources from internal and external threats.
- Support practice by way of growing current client relationships as well as identifying new prospects and supporting new service opportunities
- Maintain a strong client focus by understanding the client’s business needs while developing productive working relationships with client personnel in order to accomplish project objectives
- You will work collaboratively with a team of security professionals as a valued member with a voice and impact on existing processes and direction
- Lead client engagements including project kickoff, discovery, report development, and project outbriefs
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior team members
- Write and review consultative deliverables to ensure they are correct, complete and of high quality
- Focus on client needs and goals, promptly responding to questions with consultative support and recommendations
- Develop and present cybersecurity subject matter to peers or clients
- Develop professional relationships with clients to maintain a high degree of trust and brand awareness
- This position is primarily remote with the option to work in office as desired
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information security or equivalent experience
Experience and Skill Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Cyber Security consulting role and certified in one or more of the following: CISSP, HCISPP, CISM, CISA, or similar credentials/equivalent experience
- Understanding of on-premises and cloud-based technologies to include AWS, Azure and Google Cloud
- Familiar with Industry compliance regulations and associated controls: HIPAA, SOC, PCI-DSS, HITRUST, etc.
- Knowledge of NIST Cybersecurity Framework, NIST 800-115, NIST 800-171, NIST 800-53
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills; capable of explaining complex procedures in writing or verbally to clients
- Project management experience
- Strong presence and social skills in front of customers
- Great work ethic
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment effectively and efficiently
A Different Kind of Consulting & Audit Company
The difference is simple — we understand the importance of compliance and risk mitigation at a procedural level. That comes from our history of successful consulting and audit engagements, including those for many Fortune 500 firms and global industry leaders.
But more importantly, we understand the impact non-compliance and risk exposure can have on businesses.
We collaborate with companies to design and implement strategies, processes, and procedures that help mitigate risk, reach compliance goals, protect data assets, and meet industry standards.
“Enable responsible customer interaction”
“Deliver world class services and technology helping customers manage risk within privacy, information security, and their vendor network”
To apply for this position please send an email with a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Does your company use email to communicate with your prospective and current customers? If so, are your emails in compliance with the CAN-SPAM requirements?