Why It's Important
The security landscape for the healthcare industry is constantly evolving and the risk of breach continues to increase. With the use of electronic records management and EMR systems, more and more patients are becoming victims of healthcare data breaches. Thus, the focus on how medical information is treated by Covered Healthcare Entities and Business Associates is heightened in the information security environment.
The HITRUST Common Security Framework (CSF) Certification is the most widely recognized security control framework for the healthcare industry. The Certification is founded on a certifiable security framework that is comprehensive and enables healthcare organizations and their business associates to implement an efficient approach to compliance and security risk management.
The HITRUST framework does this by unifying NIST, HIPAA & HITECH, ISO 27001, PCI DSS, FTC, State privacy regulations and other recognized standards and the certification can be completed according to SOC 2 criteria. Thus, the HITRUST Certification not only demonstrates compliance but effectively protects ePHI.
Why Get HITRUST Certified?
Obtaining a HITRUST CSF Certification demonstrates your commitment to protecting PHI as well as:
- Increases your credibility and differentiation in the marketplace by demonstrating compliance with the most widely-adopted security framework in the healthcare industry
- Implements a defined and effective security framework that demonstrates security across the organization
- Satisfies the requirement by healthcare organizations mandating their Business Associates comply with HITRUST
How We Can Help
As an authorized CSF Assessor, we understand the impact healthcare regulatory requirements have on your data collection, transmission, and handling procedures. Partnering with CompliancePoint to become HITRUST certified will provide you with:
- The expertise, process, procedures, and technology required for HITRUST Certification
- A non-biased 3rd party attestation of your security controls
- A comprehensive yet efficient assessment methodology
- Years of experience within the healthcare sector to your organization regarding these issues.
Let us help you get certified and avoid any costly surprises due to non-compliance!