Organizations collecting and protecting cardholder data face an array of regulatory challenges. The PCI Security Standards have been mandated by major credit card providers and is intended to protect cardholder data. Standards including the PCI Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), the Payment Application Data Security Standard (PA-DSS), the Point-to-Point Encryption (P2PE) requirements, and the Experian Independent 3rd Party Assessment (EI3PA) requirements impact how organizations manage, transmit, and safeguard payment information and cardholder data.
The 6 main objectives for PCI include:
- Building and maintaining a secure network for processing cardholder data
- Protecting cardholder data both in transit and at rest
- Defining and maintaining a vulnerability management program
- Implementing strong access controls within the cardholder data environment
- Monitoring and testing for network vulnerabilities
- Maintaining an information security policy for corporate governance
Failure to comply with the PCI Security Standards can result in the revocation of processing privileges and significant financial penalties. It's also important to keep in mind the possibility of PR damage to your organization.
How We Can Help
Our qualified experts understand the impact certain requirements can have on your payment data collection, transfer, and maintenance procedures. We will bring procedural expertise to your organization regarding these issues.
Failure to comply with relevant requirements can have a devastating impact on your organization. Don't take chances - let our experts help! CompliancePoint has a variety of services that you can leverage to meet your PCI compliance needs.
Credit card fraud in the US is at an all-time high. CompliancePoint experts are here to help your organization comply with PCI requirements, reduce the risk of a breach, gain competitive advantage, and increase credibility.