Why It’s Important
Not to be overshadowed by the global privacy wave, California passed the California Consumer Privacy Act governing how companies share and handle personal data of California consumers. The CCPA also gives consumers the ability to opt-out of the sale of their personal data. Companies must be prepared to honor access, deletion, opt-out, and notice requirements under the CCPA or risk fines from regulators and/or lawsuits from consumers if their personal data is breached.
How We Can Help
Our experts understand the impact the CCPA requirements can have on your operations and will bring procedural and technological expertise to your organization regarding these issues. CompliancePoint can help you determine your preparedness and then recommend appropriate solutions and services. Don’t take chances; let our experts help you determine which compliance services your business may need.
- Development of a flexible privacy program accounting for the evolving privacy landscape
- Policy development surrounding process and procedure development
- Consumer privacy rights design and fulfillment
- Privacy impact assessment design and implementation
- Information security framework readiness and assessments
- Data mapping services
- Data inventory services
- Strategic consulting
- Privacy Guidelines
- Training development: onsite, LMS, train the trainer, PPT
Different tiers of penalties exist depending on the violation:
- Willful violations are up to $7,500 per violation$2,500 per violation if not willful
- Under the breach provision
- Individuals can seek between $250 and $750 per violation and even higher if damages are higher than the $750
Let us help you identify any information security risks or compliance gaps that may be threatening your business or its valued data assets. Businesses in every industry face scrutiny for how they handle sensitive data including customer and prospect information.