Why It's Important
Privacy is no longer an option. The GDPR and other international privacy regulations mandate how businesses process personal data and provide rights to consumers surrounding their personal data. Businesses must understand their obligations from a regulation perspective and also implement and manage the controls on an ongoing basis. Privacy is not a set it and forget it exercise and the GDPR and other privacy regulations have requirements to monitor and manage the privacy program to ensure it is operating as expected and is aligned with the regulatory requirements. Consumers expect that their personal data is protected and processed appropriately, and they make consumer choices based on how a business handles their personal data.
How We Can Help
- Development of a flexible privacy program accounting for the evolving privacy landscape
- Policy development surrounding process and procedure development
- Subject access and consumer privacy rights design and fulfillment
- Privacy impact assessment design and implementation
- Information security framework readiness and assessments
- Data mapping services
- Data inventory services
- Strategic consulting
- Privacy Guidelines
- Training development: onsite, LMS, train the trainer, PPT
There are two tiers of fines under the GDPR non-compliance: Up to €10 million, or 2% annual global turnover – whichever is greater. Or up to €20 million, or 4% annual global turnover whichever is greater. Regulators will take into account the egregiousness, frequency, nature, and size of the organization to ensure fines are proportional and dissuasive.
Let us help you identify any information security risks or compliance gaps that may be threatening your business or its valued data assets. Businesses in every industry face scrutiny for how they handle sensitive data including customer and prospect information.