Why It's Important
There are two main reasons why Vulnerability Scanning is important: 1) it is required for compliance with requirements such as PCI, HIPAA, GLBA, or SOX or 2) to evaluate any vulnerabilities in your new or changing networks. Detecting vulnerabilities and taking corrective action is important to any information security program and essential in protecting valued data assets from internal and external threats.
How We Can Help
Our Vulnerability Assessments include a thorough evaluation of the target systems for known and newly-discovered vulnerabilities. This assessment includes automated scanning techniques that determine any abnormal or insecure protocols, ports, services, and system configurations.
The assessment involves:
- Foot Printing
- Port Scanning
- Services Identification
- Vulnerability Identification and Research
- Findings Report
- Remediation Recommendations
Types of assessments:
- Internal - These assessments can be conducted from an internal perspective where we approach from inside the organization, much like a disgruntled employee would.
- External - We can also conduct the assessment from an external perspective where we approach from outside of the organization, much like an internet-based attacker would.
- Ongoing - CompliancePoint also offers annual and quarterly vulnerability services for customers requiring ongoing scanning for HIPAA and PCI compliance.
- Penetration Testing – CompliancePoint's experts will conduct ethical hacking that will help identify areas of exposure that may be putting your organization’s data at risk of exposure to internal and external threats and/or regulatory violations.
Let us help you identify any information security risks or compliance gaps that may be threatening your business or its valued data assets. Businesses in every industry face scrutiny for how they handle sensitive data including customer and prospect information.